Aga Khan University Hospital
|AKUH, Stadium Road, P.O Box 3500, Karachi-74800.||Send Email|
|Owned By:||Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN)|
|Certification:||ISO 9001 QMS Certification, ISO 22000 QMS Certification, Joint Comission International Accredited (JCI)|
|Payment Options:||Cash & Cheque|
|Parking Facility:||Plenty of Street Parking is available|
|Business Hours:||7 Days a Week [24 Hours]|
Facilities at Aga Khan University include:
- Teaching Hospitals
- Nursing Schools
- Medical College
- Institutes for Educational Development
- Examination Board
- Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilizations.
Through its needs-blind admissions policy based on merit, the University imbues the most promising leaders and thinkers of tomorrow with an ethic of service and the skills to help communities solve their most pressing challenges while instilling the highest professional competence.
Aga Khan University brings international expertise to bear upon the establishment and enhancement of its current and future programmes and services through ongoing partnerships with prestigious overseas institutions. Additionally, in line with its commitment to the advancement of the status and professional opportunities for women, the University seeks similar collaborations to strengthen women-oriented professions such as nursing and teaching.
Aga Khan University is a non-denominational institution open to all, irrespective of religion, ethnicity, gender or national origin. Forty-four per cent of the University's faculty are women, many in senior posts. Fifty per cent of students in the Medical College are also women. The University's admission policy is needs-blind and based on merit.
Aga Khan University will be an autonomous, international institution of distinction, primarily serving the developing world and Muslim societies in innovative and enduring ways.
Aga Khan University is committed to the development of human capacities through the discovery and dissemination of knowledge, and application through service.
It seeks to prepare individuals for constructive and exemplary leadership roles, and shaping public and private policies, through strength in research and excellence in education, all dedicated to providing meaningful contributions to society.
To advance this mission, Aga Khan University will:
- Offer programmes of international quality;
- Respond to identified needs in the countries and regions which it serves;
- Prioritise teaching and research which will inform and underpin intellectual innovation and change;
- Provide service to advance its educational and research mandate;
- Foster and develop leadership capacity through its education and research programmes;
- Assess its impact and effectiveness;
- Promote access and equity by taking positive measures to make the University inclusive of all socio-economic groups, addressing the particular needs and circumstances of the disadvantaged; promoting the welfare and advancement of women;
- Engage in knowledge networking and emerging technologies;
- Add value by promoting partnership and networking across the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) and with other national and international institutions.
As an international institution, in achieving its mission, Aga Khan University operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access.
Inspired by Islamic ethics, humanistic ideals and the philosophy of AKDN, the University is committed to building an environment that fosters intellectual freedom, distinction in scholarship, pluralism, compassion, and humanity's collective responsibility for a sustainable physical, social and cultural environment.